Tour Prices and Inclusions
Tour prices are in US dollars and are based on double occupancy. Approximate pricing in other currencies, for example Japanese Yen, are calculated using the exchange rated at the time of publication and are given for reference purposes only. Published tours and tour prices are subject to change at any time. Single occupancy prices are available, upon request. Costs generally include the following services and amenities. Please refer to each tour’s detailed day-by-day itinerary to confirm the exact inclusions.
- Personalized itinerary planning, handling and operational charges
- The full services of Artisan Pacific Travel and our overseas representatives before, during and after your trip
- Private sightseeing with local guides, English-speaking for our Japan trips, Japanese-speaking for our California trips (bi-lingual guides in other languages may be available upon request)
- Vetted accommodations, including hotel taxes and service charges
- Regional surface transportation, including buses, ferries, and railways
- Meals as indicated in detailed itinerary
- Admission fees during touring
- Reservations at restaurants, special activities and events, cultural events and performances
- Access to gardens, artists and art collections, museums, and special-interest lecturers (if desired)
- Comprehensive Trip Confirmation and Travel Documents packages
Note: Minimum stay requirements and rate surcharges may apply at certain hotels during peak holidays and travel dates coinciding with major events.
- International airfare, Travel insurance, Airport departure taxes, Room Service or any unscheduled meals or snacks, Excess baggage charges, Gratuities, Personal expenses, Other services specified as optional or not included.
To book one of our published tours, or to customize a tour, contact us through our website form or call us at (415) 580-1118 in the U.S. or (050) 3482-1253 in Japan. at or send us an email at email@example.com
Payment and Timing
If booking more than 90 days in advance, a $500 per person deposit is required to reserve your space. Full payment is required 90 days in advance of the start day of your trip. Our prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and reflect a 4% discount for payment by check or e-check. We accept most major credit cards. At our discretion, services and payments may in some cases be transferrable for an additional fee.
All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to our Dublin, California office. Your cancellation date will be the date we receive your notice. No verbal refund requests will be honored. Deposits are non-refundable. Refunds of payment will be honored as follows:
- Notice received more than 90 days ahead of scheduled tour departure AND within 48 hours of having booked the tour: 100% refund
- Notice received more than 90 days ahead of scheduled tour departure AND after 48 hours of having booked the tour: 100% refund less $500 cancellation fee
- Notice received between 61-90 days of scheduled tour departure: 75% refund
- Notice received between 31-60 days of scheduled tour departure: 50% refund
- Notice received 30 days or less prior to scheduled tour departure: No refund
A change of trip date or change of travel destination(s) may result in additional charges.
Special Olympics Deposit, Payment and Cancellation Policies
Our travel packages in Japan during the Olympics period have some special policies. All itineraries with any travel dates in July, August, or September of 2020 will be required to deposit 50% of the package price at the time you wish to confirm your reservation, and before your tickets are purchased. The remaining 50% will be due June 30, 2019. For reservations made after June 30, 2019, the entire balance is due at the confirmation of your reservation. All deposits and payments for Olympic packages (which is any travel which includes dates in July, August, and September of 2020) are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please take this into consideration when planning your Olympics travel. We strongly recommend travel insurance.
Visas and Passports
Visa requirements and application forms, if applicable, will be sent upon receipt of payment. All tour participants must be in possession of a passport valid for six months from their date of arrival in any foreign country. For some tours, you will also need to have multiple consecutive blank visa pages within your passport (the number varies depending on the destination(s)). It is the sole responsibility of the tour participant to secure a valid passport with sufficient blank pages for immigration and visa stamps.
We strongly recommend purchasing comprehensive travel insurance (including trip delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption, and baggage insurance) once a trip has been booked. Health, accident, and emergency evacuation insurance are also strongly recommended as well as coverage for skiing and winter recreational activities if partaking in one of our winter tours.
Terms & Conditions
A complete Tour Participant Agreement can be found at: http://www.artisanpacifictravel.com/touragreement. The Tour Participant Agreement outlines all of the terms and conditions pertaining to bookings with Artisan Pacific Travel LLC, including necessary limitations on our liability. Itemized cost breakdowns are not available. Following full payment, final travel documents will be sent approximately two weeks prior to international departure.