The Gently Guided Core Japan Tour
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Trip is offered year-round
Where you’ll go
What you’ll do
Eat and drink well – sampling a full range of Japanese cuisine and beverage.
Experience Tsukiji – the most amazing fish market in the world. But hurry! The market is being moved in 2016 to make way for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Watch Sumo if in season, or if not experience a Sumo-Beya (a “stable” where they practice and live) and dine at a Chanko nabe restaurant to experience the ritual and majesty of the oldest continuing sport in the world today.
Where you’ll stay
Yunohana Ryokan – a beautiful traditional Japanese inn with an onsen, set in the mountains and foothills of Mt. Fuji.
Today, we’ve arranged for the hotel to send your bags ahead so you can escape the city unencumbered for the short trip to the Kamakura area, once the world’s largest city and capital of Japan and seat of the Shogunate (1185 – 1333). The Kamakura of today is a small, sleepy seaside town with numerous quaint shops and excellent restaurants set amid the temples and shrines that give it an other-worldly aura. See the great bronze Buddha that stands (or rather, sits) 13.35m high and is a great example of the fusion of Buddhist and Shinto religions unique to Japan. Alternatively, though a longer journey requiring a much earlier start, you can instead make a trip to the World Heritage site of Nikko, a stunning national park and resting place for members of the most powerful clan in Japanese history, the Tokugawas with Toshogu Shrine a truly amazing architectural achievement.
From either area, you’ll continue on to Hakone, the gateway to the Mt Fuji region where you will relax and restore with a stay in a Japanese traditional ryokan, sleeping on futons laid out on tatami mats, bathing in piping hot onsen for which the area is renowned, and dining on delicious traditional meals (dinner and breakfast the following morning) painstakingly prepared.
- Standard – from $2,990US
- Upgrade – from $3,890US
- Single supplement – $6,90US
*Please note that depending on the season and time at which you are travelling, there may be additional accommodation charges. Once you have provided us dates for your trip, we will provide you a final quote for your tour.
- A $500 per person deposit is required to hold your place.
- Full payment is required 90 days in advance of the start day of your trip.
- If booking within 90 days of the start of the trip, full payment is required at that time.
- 2 days bi-lingual private guide service
- All accommodations
- • All Breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners, 1 pre-arranged sake tasting (no doubt you will do more on your own)
- Transport from hotels and to/from airport. Local train/subway transportation as indicated.
- Luggage transfer from Tokyo hotel to Hakone Ryokan
- International Flights
- Local transport (buses, subways, taxis) at any destination unless otherwise specified
- Any entrance fees including those for shrines, temples and museums
- Baggage handling, with exception of bag transfer from Tokyo to Hakone. You will be expected to carry your own bags for all other portions of the trip.
At Artisan Pacific Travel the tour experiences are yours, not ours. The itinerary above is a suggestion and we welcome any changes and additions from clients.
Visit our Contact Us page so we can learn more about your ideal tour and we’ll provide you all the information you need to create your personalized trip.