Culinary and Cultural – from Tokyo to Kyoto™
The Core Japan Tour
What we eat
Where we go
What we do
Where we stay
Today you will make a trip to Kamakura, the former capital of Japan as the seat of the Shogunate during the Kamakura Period (1185 – 1333). At that time Kamakura was the largest city in the world. The Kamakura of today is a small, sleepy seaside town with numerous temples, shrines and other attractions. With your guide, you will visit some of the numerous local Temples and Shrines and we’ve arranged for lunch at an acclaimed favorite of ours in one of the areas quietly known among locals for its high concentration of superb small restaurants. After a satisfying meal, we’ll continue on to Hakone, the gateway to the Mt Fuji region where you can explore this stunning region renowned for its hot springs, heated by the subterranean fires of Mt. Fuji. Tonight you will stay in a Japanese traditional ryokan, sleeping on futons laid out on tatami mats, bathing in piping hot onsen, and dining on delicious traditional meals for dinner and breakfast the following morning.
- Please contact us for pricing.
*Please note that depending on the season and time at which you are travelling, there may be additional accommodation charges. Once you have provided us dates for your trip, we will provide you a final quote for your tour.
- Prices are based on a twin 2 person room share arrangement
- Check in and out times are set, but late check outs can be arranged if asked for
- We vet and believe in our guides and allow them a greater degree of flexibility during their tours than some other providers. Accordingly, based on the day, weather, how people are feeling, their interests, etc., the guides may vary the itinerary to best suit the needs and desires of the group. We firmly believe this makes for a better touring and overall travel experience.
- Please be aware that at the busiest times of the year the named accommodation or specific activity may not be available and in this case the price cannot be guaranteed. However, we will do our best to match the prices and the quality of the accommodations and activities listed here as closely as possible. Also, activities of trips on different dates may be occur in a different order and on different dates. Please consult your final detailed itinerary which you will receive 2-3 weeks prior to the start date.
- 8 Days, 7 Nights
- All Accommodations
- All Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Celebratory Dinner
- Ground transport from hotels to/from airport and itinerary destinations, including roundtrip Shinkansen transport between Tokyo and Kyoto
- Artisan Pacific Travel vetted bi-lingual guide as listed on itinerary
- Sake Tasting, Sushi Course and Other entrance fees as listed on itinerary
- International Flights
- Local transport (buses, subways, taxis) at any destination unless otherwise specified
- Any entrance fees including those for shrines, temples and museums
- Baggage handling, with exception of bag transfer from Tokyo to Hakone. You will be expected to carry your own bags for all other portions of the trip.
- A $500 per person deposit is required to hold your place.
- Full payment is required 90 days in advance of the start day of your trip.
- If booking within 90 days of the start of the trip, full payment is required at that time.
At Artisan Pacific Travel the tour experiences are yours, not ours. The itinerary above is a suggestion and we welcome any changes and additions from clients.
Visit our Contact Us page so we can learn more about your ideal tour and we’ll provide you all the information you need to create your personalized trip.